THE ROLLING ROCKS SUPPORTERS CLUB CONSTITUTION
The club will be known as the Rolling Rocks Supporters Club (herein after called “the RR”).
The objectives of the RR are
- To promote and support the best interests of the Glasgow Rocks.
- To promote and encourage good fellowship between members of the RR.
- To promote and encourage good fellowship and understanding between the RR, the Glasgow Rocks and all supporters.
- Build stronger links between the franchise and the supporters, acting as a liaison to cascade information and suggest improvements.
- Build stronger links between the supporters through the use of social events and by utilising internet channels.
- Improve the game day atmosphere at the Emirates Arena.
- Raise funds for both the RR and the Glasgow Rocks.
- Memberships and Annual Subscriptions
The RR shall consist of adult, child/concession and family (up to 2 adult, 2 child) members. There shall be no limit to the number of members.
Adult membership shall be open to any person who supports the Glasgow Rocks and is aged 16 or over on 1st September annually.
Child membership shall be open to any person who supports the Glasgow Rocks and is aged under 16 on 1st September annually.
Concession membership shall be open to any person who supports the Glasgow Rocks and is either aged 60 and over or a full time student on 1st September annually.
The RR membership fee shall be determined at an Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The Rolling Rocks Committee may, for good reason, terminate a membership on the grounds of action prejudicial to the interests of the RR. The notification of suspension must be made in writing, together with details of the member’s right to be heard by the Rolling Rocks Committee prior to any final decision. The meeting must be held within 28 days of the issue being raised.
Memberships will run from 1st September to 31st August annually.
The structure of the RR consists of the RR Committee who will hold meetings and control the activities. They will be responsible for monitoring and controlling the financial position of the RR and its overall policy development.
At the AGM of the RR, the members shall elect from amongst themselves, a Chairperson (or Co-chairpersons), and a Secretary / Treasurer who shall hold office from the conclusion of that meeting for a period of 1 year. As the RR expands, the Secretary and Treasurer should be split into two roles and an additional General Member role should be considered.
Only members of the RR shall be eligible to serve as General Members or Committee Members.
Any RR member may propose a resolution for discussion at a general meeting. To ensure that a resolution is discussed, it should be submitted, in writing to the Secretary, 14 days prior to the meeting taking place. Resolutions proposing alterations to the constitution may only be put to the AGM.
A Management Committee member will automatically cease to hold office if
- He/She signs a notice of resignation, which has been accepted by the Management Committee.
- He/She is absent (without permission from the Committee) from consecutive meetings of the Committee, but only if the Committee resolves to remove him/her from office by way of resolution passed by majority vote at a committee meeting.
All monies raised by or on behalf of the RR shall be applied to further the objectives of the RR and the Glasgow Rocks organisation and for no other purpose.
No member of the Management Committee shall normally be paid fees or receive any remuneration other than reasonable out of pocket expenses.
All Committee members and their families, partners and acquaintances shall pay at the going rate for all RR events and competitions.
All monies not immediately required by the RR shall be put into a bank account in the name of the RR.
The funds of the RR shall be held in a bank account operated by the Management Committee.
The Treasurer shall, on behalf of the Management Committee ensure the
- Maintenance of accounting records
- Preparation of annual statements of the account
- Auditing of the statements of the accounts.
The financial year of the RR shall run from the 6th April to the 5th April.
- Annual Subscriptions
Applications for membership will be accepted all year round.
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)
There shall be an AGM of the RR, which will be held no later than 13 months after the date of the previous AGM.
The Management Committee shall call every AGM.
The Secretary shall give at least 14 days notice of the AGM to all members of the organisation.
All members of the RR shall be entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
The Management Committee shall present to each AGM the report and accounts of the RR for the preceding financial year.
- Procedures At All Meetings
The Secretary or other person specifically appointed by the Management Committee shall keep a full record of proceedings at every meeting of the organisation.
- Dissolution of the RR
If the Management Committee decides it is necessary or advisable to dissolve the RR it shall call a meeting of all members of the RR, of which no less than 21 days notice (stating the terms of the resolution to be proposed) shall be given.
If the proposal is confirmed by a two-thirds majority of those present and voting, the Management Committee shall have the power to release assets held by or on behalf of the RR. Any assets remaining after satisfaction of any proper debts and liabilities shall be given or transferred to a charitable organisation or institutions having objects similar to the objects of the RR as the members of the RR may determine, or failing shall be applied for some other charitable purposes.
A copy of the statement of accounts or the final accounting period must be provided to all RR members.
- Alterations to the Constitution
A resolution to alter the constitution shall not be valid unless
- Two thirds of the votes cast in relation to the resolution at a general meeting (whether annual or special) is in favour and provided that notice (setting out the terms of the proposed alteration) shall have been received by the Secretary not less than 21 days before the meeting at which the alteration is to be discussed.
- Not less than 14 days notice of a meeting giving written particulars of proposals shall be given to members of the organisation.
This constitution was adopted on 21st August 2016.