Our next back to back threes comes courtesy of the man (well, one of them) at the top, David Low. He has been a part owner of the Rocks since he bought a stake in 2012.
Here’s what he had to say…
1. Were you a basketball fan before buying into the Rocks?
“More a sports fan than a basketball fan. I’m into most sports and will go to an event no matter where I am. Last week I was in Boston and went to the Boston Bruins v Toronto Maple Leafs at the TD Garden.”
2. Why did you buy into the Rocks – what potential did you see?
“I invested in the Rocks because of the work it does in the community. It’s family oriented, affordable and in a British league. I want to see the Rocks winning the BBL title and playing in Europe – but that takes time.”
3. We’ve seen you at quite a few Rocks games since you bought in. Is there a particular game or memory which sticks out for you?
“I try and go to all the home games. Getting to the BBL Cup final last year in Birmingham was exciting. Losing it to Newcastle was very disappointing.”
4. How do you see the league expanding going forward? What cities/markets would you like to see the league move into?
“I’d like Edinburgh in and I organised some investors, but with Meadowbank to be demolished there is no arena. There should be a franchise in Birmingham and I see no reason why Dublin shouldn’t be involved. It is the fourth largest city in the British Isles.”
5. Do the Rocks have any plans to follow the lead of Leicester and look to build their own arena/centre of excellence?
“I would like the Rocks to have their own arena. A preliminary discussion is scheduled for next month but any new arena is several years away”
6. Who would you rather take in a fight: Marcus Ware or Celeste Reid?
Thank you to all who submitted questions, and to David for taking the time to engage with us.